Community of Irish
1. The Community of Irish Herbalists (CIH) is an
independent ad hoc group whose task is to promote
herbal medicine through the annual event known as
2. The CIH is neither owned by nor is it a subsidiary of
any professional herbal body or professional CAM
organisation or any other external organisation; nor
can it be in the future.
3. The steering committee of the CIH is open to herbal
practitioners, students of herbal medicine and those
who are passionate about herbs - no qualification is
necessary to be part of the steering committee.
4. The steering committee shall be appointed annually
and it's task shall be to organise the following year's
HerbFeast, as well as the following AGM and
appointment of the new steering committee, and any
other meetings that may be necessary from time to
time in the organisation of HerbFeast and related
5. The steering committee shall consist of 2 key
organisational figures who will be responsible for
overseeing and administration of each annual event;
and any others members as they see fit.
6. HerbFeast can be held at different venues annually
so no particular place can claim 'ownership' of the
event. However, if agreed upon HerbFeast can be held
at the same venue many times.
7. The CIH is the owner of the HerbFeast name, logos
and website - no individual or group outside of the CIH
has any influence, or can lay claim or ownership to any
aspect of HerbFeast.
8. The CIH steering committee is responsible for all
financial transactions, bank accounts and annual
statement of accounts which must be delivered at the
AGM every year.
9. The CIH steering committee, members and
associates shall behave in a manner befitting a
professional organisation and shall not bring disrepute
on HerbFeast, or upon any individual or any
organisation and shall do business according to best
practice with the intention of promoting excellence.
10. Venues or parties interested in hosting HerbFeast
event must apply in writing to the CIH at least one year
in advance, and put forward at least one candidate for
the steering committee.
11. The CIH shall be composed of those involved in the
organisation or who attend meetings in relation to
HerbFeast - decisions will be based on consensus or
otherwise put to the vote of members present at
12. The CIH shall be responsible for providing
information, upkeep of websites, and advertising of the